Monday, February 23, 2009

Retreat!!

The time has come again to start thinking about our next retreat. Yay! We aer looking at the last weeken in April. That would be April 24-25. Let me know ASAP if there are problems with this. We will be going over to Bear Lake as usual.
There are two craft options:
Scrabble Tile Pendants

OR

Beaded Watch Bands


Here is the deal:
The pendants will be cheaper. I would bring all the supplies and we could just do them that night. You would have to provide your own chain for the pendant. Pendant would run around $2-4 a piece. You could probably make as many as you want.
The watch bands will be more labor intensive and expensive. You would have to pick out and purchase your watch face and beads in advance (I can mass order the faces. I am still looking into beads). They would be much cheaper than what you buy them for through private sellers. Somewhere around $8-15 dollars for a watch face and a band.
Leave comments and let me know how you feel about the whole thing. Or at least vote on the poll.
Lots of love to all of you!
PS- Read Becca's post below. It is a good one!

UPDATE as of 2/23
I have the chance to order beads with Leigh (our aerobics instructor in Smithfield) but will probably have to do it tomorrow, which I know is quick notice. I will probably order enough for everyone to do watch bands. If you have trust issues with me and my bead choices (or just have a specific color you want) , CALL ME ASAP!!

9 comments:

Bec said...

I want the pendants!!! I think the watches rock, but the pendants are more practical for that many people... to fit each person's personality. Plus they're super cute, and I WANT ONE! :) So that's my vote.

Bec said...

PS. Hooray for another retreat! And April 24-25 sounds great to me! :)

Leah said...

I like the pendants too. However, I would to do the watches sometime even if it is not at retreat. I need to add to my collection. The date sounds good to me.

Bec said...

I FINISHED READING *JAYHAWK* AND HAVE MY COPY CHECKED OUT FOR ANOTHER WEEK OR TWO. DOES ANYONE WANT TO BORROW IT? CALL AND/OR COME BY, AND IT'S YOURS! xo,Becca

Anonymous said...

Becca return the book so I can have it!

I can't wait for the retreat, yeah! Either craft is good for me, I'm up for whatever. Let me know if you need help.

Bec said...

Done. :)

Bec said...

Hey, Mindy! What was the verdict? Watches or pendants? Both are fantastic... but what did "we" decide?

Missy W. said...

Mindy, I won't be able to make it. The JJ cole warehouse sale is those same days :( - can I still make a watch? Maybe we can have a movie night sometime, and I can do it then...

Bec said...

Can we do it in May??