Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Girl With No Shadow


I am currently reading "The Girl With No Shadow" by one of my FAVORITE authors, Joanne Harris. I first fell in love with her (well, her writing) when I read "Five Quarters of the Orange." Her style of writing is absolutely delicious, and I adore her intermingling of French and "Frenchness" (Yes, I invented that word. You're welcome, Webster.) in her novels. To a non-francophone, this might be more annoying or confusing than cool, but to me it is absolute bliss! Anyway, I'm only like a third of the way into the book, but I thought I would add my two cents on our awesome new blog! I will let you know how I like it in the end. 'Better go-- fiction calls.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yeah for Becca! First Post!

Bec said...

I finished it (that same night... stayed up - foolishly - until 4:30am to do so), and it was WONDERFUL! Very much worth the read, especially if you've read Chocolat. Also, if you at least watch the movie (Chocolat), I think you should be able to read this one (don't necessarily have to read the first, but you'll want to know its general plot). It was written from interesting angles, and it was very much a page turner imo. Wonderful, wonderful read!

The only problem with this sort of book: NOW WHAT? (Book recommendations welcome.)