Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trying to Decide...

I'm trying to decide which book I should have everyone read when it is my turn. It's not until September, but I thought since most of you have yours listed here that I should try to make a decision too. Here are a couple I have been contemplating:

Follow the River

I loved this book. It was one of the first ones that I borrowed from Mindy. Read it in a few days. I don't want to pick it if most everyone has already read it though. It is a pretty intense book. Who all has read it already?

The Glass Castle

I've been wanting to read this one because I love memoir's. This has really great reviews. Again, I don't want to choose it if most have read it. So let me know.

8 comments:

Caron Heaps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy W. said...

I have heard a lot of great things about the first one. My MIL read the second one for her bookclub and told me about it. Sounded kindof weird, but who knows? I bet either one would be great!

Bec said...

I've not read either of them. They both look great! Good luck deciding (it's so hard)! :)

Bec said...

This is for the last post, but I wanted to make sure someone sees it... Does anyone have a copy of Driving Sideways I can borrow? I'd like to read it and should have time, but the library doesn't have it (yet). Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Shanna said...

I choose The Glass Castle because I haven't read it and I have it. But I LOVE Follow the River and wouldn't mind reading it again at all. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Is Driving Sideways worth buying? If so, I might buy it and then you could borrow it when I'm done, Becca.

Anonymous said...

Shanna... how come your blog isn't in the sidebar as a link? I've been trying to find it and for some reason I don't have yours linked on my blog.

Mindy said...

Ang, I was not allowed to link it until recently. Shanna wouldn't let me. I'll link it so we can keep tabs on her. :)