Friday, August 14, 2009

Book Club Meeting for September

Hey ladies! First of all, thank you Johanna for hosting book club this month. It was so great to get together with all of you. For some reason I feel like I haven't seen you all forever. I had a great time. The pie was yummy and the company was great! It was also great to go finally see "My Sister's Keeper" with a bunch of you. What a fun evening.
Now on to our book for next month.

Angie has chosen "Follow the River" by James Alexander Thom:

Mary Ingles was twenty-three, married, and pregnant, when Shawnee Indians invaded her peaceful Virginia settlement, killed the men and women, then took her captive. For months, she lived with them, unbroken, until she escaped, and followed a thousand mile trail to freedom--an extraordinary story of a pioneer woman who risked her life to return to her people.
This is a great read the will probably haunt you for days after reading it.

We have decided to try moving book club to the 4th Thursday of the month. We will try this out and see how it goes. Let me know what you think. With that, book club will be held on September 24, 6:30 PM at Angie's house.
Also our retreat for October is in the planning stages. Please vote on the poll to let us know what weekend will work best for you. Bear in mind that the date we pick will be most dependent on when the cabin is available. It's just helpful to know what is best to most of you. Again, let me know if you have any questions.
Love to all of you! If you love me leave a comment because I kind of live and breath for them! (I am working on being more subtle).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subtle?? Don't work on it - that is one of the things I love about you that you tell it like it is!! you're the best, Mindy! Hope you ladies had fun at the movie- sorry I didn't make it. By the time I got home it was already 9:45... had so much fun at book club- I have missed you guys! Can't wait till retreat!!

Missy W. said...

i really liked this book. I was tired of never getting my holds from the library in time, so a few weeks ago I went and got it.

Bec said...

I own it, too. Li has dibs first, but I'm pretty sure she's not a doddler (sp?). Anyway- it's a good one!

Oh, and Missy, we missed you.

Bec said...

PS. I voted for the 9-10 because the Pumpkin Walk might be going on the weekend of the 23-24, and we're quite attached to that lil' thing. I'm sure we could work around bookclub, but that was my deciding reason. fyi.

Linda Oxborrow said...

I think I remember hearing at some point that SEP's might be the later weekend you have listed in Oct. Just something to check on- and if that is the case- I'd prefer the earlier date. Book Club was great!! Love being with all of you!

Caron Heaps said...

SEP's are Sept. 29 and 30. The whole district is having conferences on the same day. Good luck to us who have kids in more than one school!!!

bladenfamily said...

Thank you for letting me come to your book club. I really enjoyed it! Can't wait until next time.
Shanna's friend Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Oh, it couldn't get more subtle than that!

I have a copy of the book if anyone wants to borrow it.

Ang