Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Retreat Time!


Hey ladies! It is that time again. Retreat Time!! I am super excited to hang out with all of you! Here are the particulars:
Date: October 23-24
Time: Meet at my house at 4:00. We will meet Logan people at the Smith's parking lot at 4:30
Bring: A blanket and a pillow if you want. There are lots of beds.
~A inexpensive paperback to use in a paperback swap. A book that you love and would like to share with others.
~A treat to share
~$10 for food and craft
~Beads for watches
Craft: Yes, we are going to make beaded watch bands! Hooray! This is a personal taste thing. You will need to go into Beadles or Hobby Lobby/Micheal's and pick out your beads. There are some great ideas on this website.I will let you know approximately how many beads you need soon. I will also provide the beads that hook the two sides of the bands together(if you want something particular or fancy get it at Beadles), lobster clasps, and elastic cord. If you want to order a watch band leave a comment. I would choose something from this page. Call me if you have questions or want help choosing. I will be placing an order ONE TIME ONLY in a week so let me know which one you want ASAP.

I will provide dinner and breakfast with the pooled money. I need a couple of volunteers to drive. Anyone? I love you all and can't wait to hang out! Let me know if you have questions or comments(newbies especially). If you want to know how much I love you click on the comic. If you are not on the comic just know I ran out of little people, and maybe be grateful I didn't take a jab at you! Yay, yay, for slumber parties!

11 comments:

Bec said...

Here's a blog/seller website that I found that has some good ideas, too:

http://wishingonacharm.blogspot.com/search/label/Beaded%20Watch%20Band

Hooray for Bookclub Retreat!!! :)

Missy W. said...

I swear our retreat has been scheduled the week of our warehouse sale two times in a row now! I'm going to try and see if I can get it moved. So, count me in.

Missy W. said...

mindy, 10$ seems like too little for a craft and two meals. are you sure you don't need more?

Johanna Markworth said...

Yea! The countdown is on! Thanks Mindy for all you do for us ladies. I checked out the faces. Order me on page 2 RW11010 (Solid bar face silver) & pg 2 RW4588 (all silver) Thanks! Also I can drive, 4 others in my car!

Caron Heaps said...

Hi Ladies..There is a bead show wednesday at the Smithfield rec-center from 5:30-9pm. Cute beads for pretty cheap. Also there is a bead show in SLC next week.

Shanna said...

I can drive. (Me and 4 others)

Shanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanna said...

P.S. I love the comic! Can't wait to see who my midnight snack will be:)

Ann said...

Hey Mindy-
Sorry I'm so late deciding. Hopefully not too late...If so, no worries, I'll just get it! I'll take #RW11010. Sorry I was lame and missed last night. Of course, Kurt got home 10 minutes after it started, but I had to stay home since I'd promised the kids I'd take them for a walk and play games. What can ya do? Can wait for retreat! Oh, and I can drive, if you need. 7 including me!

Leah said...

I am so excited!!!! Sleep is soooooo overated!!

Anonymous said...

I can drive (5 others besides me). I'm always so ready retreat!