Sunday, November 7, 2010

RETREAT, RETREAT!!


Book Club retreat will be held on November 12-13.  Please be reminded that retreat attendance requires that you have attended book club regularly over the past 6 months.  We will meet at Mindy’s at 4:00 PM. Please give me a call if you are willing to drive. As always, thank you so much Johanna for hosting us at your great cabin!

Ladies, please bring the following items:
· All personal items you need for an overnighter.
· $ for food and craft: I am asking $10 for food. The craft will be wooden stand-alone letters that say “READ”. These letters will be one-of-a-kind. They are being made especially for our club. Does that make you feel exclusive and special? It better! They will cost $15 each to make. If this is more than you want to spend, please let me know ASAP. As of now I have ordered one for everyone. I have black and barn red paint. If you want me to get you a specific color contact me ASAP and I will do it for you.
· A book for the book exchange
· A treat to share
· Movies or games

Caron will be bringing her mom’s beads so if you want to make things out of them bring some extra money for that.

Please call Mindy if you have any questions. I will assume the following if I DO NOT hear from you: That you are coming to retreat, that you want a letter set, and that you are okay with one of the two colors that I chose.

Please be aware that we have to pick up our craft on the way out of town and he is expecting us there no later than 5 PM. It is very important that we leave Smithfield no later than 4:30, preferably earlier. If this is a problem let me know.

I can’t wait to hang out with all of you!


8 comments:

Bec said...

Please don't be insulted, but I do NOT want to do that "read" craft. It doesn't sound dumb or anything... I just have nowhere to put them/it, and $15 is a bit steep for a retreat craft (or maybe just for my post-vacation, pre-Christmas budget). I may get extremely jealous when I see you all make it, but for now- count me out. Maybe I'll whip up some earrings or something beady while you all do that.

Also, I AM coming (hooray- I'm so excited!)... and Mindy, don't forget that I want to pick up the pizzas/food.

Love to you all! -Bec

Bec said...

Maybe I could do just a letter? Like a big "A" for Anderson, to put on my entertainment center/mantle? Do you have pics, so we know how big they are and what they look like? Just an idea... Love you, Mindy. Thanks for setting this all up.

Ann said...

I'll be in Disneyland. Have FUN everyone! OH, and no craft for me. I've got too many piling up in my "to do" pile!

Bec said...

Oh, Mindy- The L library has "The Glass Castle" available in a book club kit. There are 8 (?) copies. I have reserved the kit for the four weeks it was available- pretty much the month of December. Just FYI- this should help get the book read.

PS. I'm thinking of renaming this blog "Becca's Blog of Comments." ;) Sorry to be so chatty. xo

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to be able to come, so count me out on the craft as well. I need to get a couple pairs of earrings fixed... any volunteers... Shanna, please!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlies!! I don't know if it is too late, but I am not interested in doing the craft... I need to get on here more often so I can keep up on what is going on and respond in a timely fashion! If you can't cancel it, then I will do it. It is just that I can't stay the night and will probably be leaving at at about 10ish to come home, so don't want to get stuck bringing it home with me- unfinished!!

If anyone else is interested in coming home that night, let me know, I would love the company! Thanks and can't wait!

Mindy said...

So, umm the craft is already made (since Monday) and I will be stuck with the extra cost for any people who choose to back out. I thought this was something we all wanted to do. One or two people backing out I could deal with but 6 of you have said you don't want to do this. Let me know your thoughts. I really don't want to be in the hole $70.

Anonymous said...

I am checking my email real quick before leaving town and saw your post. I'm so sorry, Mindy! I was trying to figure out why I hadn't heard about it until I got the newsletter.

I'm thinking that it must have been discussed after Amy and I left that night at book club last month (maybe you all talked about it some other time though, I'm not sure). Becca wasn't there that night either and we have known that Ann wasn't going to be at retreat. So that would account for the 4 out of 6 that wasn't planning on doing the craft.

Have SO MUCH fun tonight ladies!! I am going to miss being there with all of you. I want to hear all the juicy details at the next book club meeting, K!!! :>

Love You Gals!!