Saturday, August 7, 2010

September (or October?) Book

Hey gals! Obviously I am having a really hard time picking a book for September. I saw that on the side bar it says we are meeting at Johanna's on the 23rd of September so if that is the case I guess this is a book for October. Anyway. I have narrowed it down to two: "The Glass Castle" and "Eat Pray Love". I know a lot of you have read one or both. I read Eat Pray Love a long time ago but really want to read it again before I see the movie and I have been wanting to read The Glass Castle for long enough I decided I should just pick it for book club (since those seem to be the only books I get around to reading!). - Sorry for the long sentence Becca!
So leave a post with your vote (hopefully you have an opinion) and I will try and post again next weekend with my choice. Sorry for the wait. Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, it is going way to fast for me:)
-Thanks Shanna


??????????????????????????????????????
Vote which you want for Shanna's Pick

9 comments:

Missy W. said...

i vote for eat pray love. The timing is great with the movie coming out.

Linda Oxborrow said...

I agree with Missy... I was thinking that I wanted to read it before the movie.... then you could save the other book for next time... but that is just my opinion... you choose whatever you want!!!

Ann said...

Another vote for eat pray love here too (mainly because it's what I'm reading now). The Glass Castle would be a good discussion book though. We need to read it sometime. I have a copy of Glass Castle I could pass around. Good luck with your choice!

Mindy said...

I vote for Eat, Pray, Love also.
Shanna I am sorry for the confusion about who is hosting when. I think I just entered the info wrong. I talked to Johanna and she doesn't care who hosts when. Let me know if you have an opinion because we can change it around to whatever you two want to do.

Johanna Markworth said...

Doesn't matter to me. But I am always up for a movie after we read the book! So my vote is for eat pray love!

Shanna said...

It is sounding like Eat Pray Love...
I guess if you want the other you better speak now!

Bec said...

I would choose the one with more copies in the libraries. Otherwise, no one will read it anyway, as no one will get their hands on it. Both sound interesting, though. Good luck choosing. It's a hard thing to do! :)

Shanna said...

Well, right now The Glass Castle is probably a little easier to get a hold of (since Eat Pray Love is a movie now everyone wants to read it!). I think enough of us have copies we can spread them around and it will be fine though.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.