Monday, May 16, 2011

RETREAT CRAFT?? Homemade Lip Gloss/Balm!!


Hey, girls! So this weekend is our book club retreat (see the post below for specs), and I just came across a SWEET tutorial that I absolutely want to try! Homemade lip gloss (or balm... there are two different but very closely related tutorials; we could try both)!! Does that make anyone else giddy? It does me! I want to try it regardless of whether we do it at retreat or not, so I went out this afternoon and bought the stuff.

I want to know if you're interested in doing this.

I think it will cost up to $5 per person and should get you at least a couple of little pots of gloss/balm. Keep in mind, I've never tried this. I probably will before Friday, but I can't guarantee that. So it may be a gamble.

Does anyone else want to gamble with me?? :)

I won't be offended if it sounds lame to you. Or if you just don't feel like potentially wasting your time/money. But I think it will turn out great, and I think it will be FUN!

I will buy everything and figure out more definite costs if you'll let me know (soon, preferably). So- what say you? Lip gloss/balm craft at bookclub retreat???

Check yes or no.



*Note: Image from here. Tutorials (if you're curious, or if it'll help you decide) here and here. And Mindy (or others), Castor oil can substitute almond oil if nut allergies necessitate this.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I vote yes. This sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm up for it as long as it isn't more than $5. I am one poor woman right now!

Shanna said...

I would love to! I have always wanted to make my own lip balm.
Do you need help? What do I need to bring?

Bec said...

I think we're good! My initial purchase will last us for a few batches. I'll load up on more of what will run out. We just may not get a ton each (bring ONES). :)

How many lil pots do you think you'll want (they're like 1-in cubes, for lack of better explanation, or just over... and will be $1 ea)??

PS. Really, if you Only want one ($1 total), that's A-okay with me. If you want 12, that's fine too. I just want to know how much stuff we need.