Monday, July 28, 2008

Epic = Awesome


When I went into the library to get Pillars (I had it on hold), the librarian was super chatty. She apparently had lived in England for a time with her husband, and she adored English historical fiction. Anyway, she loved Pillars and spoke its praises. Then she told me (repeatedly- She made me write it down.) that if I liked Pillars, I would love Edward Rutherfurd. I have yet to read any of his books (I'm still recovering from Pillars), but I looked online and found the one I WANT to read: Sarum. Apparently it's an epic novel... and from my experience with Pillars, I have deduced that "epic" actually means "really long, super complex, and ultimately AWESOME!" I may have to take a few deep breaths before I begin yet another EPIC novel... but I can't wait. Stonehenge, here I come!

3 comments:

Missy W. said...

I am still slogging through an epic of my own. I will have to tell everyone about it on the 13th. Truly one of the most horriblly torturous (is that a word?) things I have ever read. Let me know if this one is any good.

Anonymous said...

Alright!!! I want to know which one of you put a hold on Pillars at the North Logan library. I called to renew it today and the librarian said I couldn't because it was on hold for someone else. SO... I had to take it back and I'm am no way near being finished.

Sorry if it really was one of you because I called you a bimbo on my blog! :>

Ang

Mindy said...

Bec-
I am excited about this book. It looks really good. I LOVED Pillars, but like you, I think I need a break from epics for a bit. Maybe something in the um, vampire vein. :) A light read is what I'm looking forward to!