Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lit Lover Friends

Hey all my "Between the Cover" friends. I thought I would be adventurous and post a note on our awesome blog (since it is being monopolized by Becca and Mindy-just kidding). So I was at young women camp a few weeks ago and ran into some pretty famous people. One was a very high ranking YW church official and the other a prestigious camp coordinator. I was lucky enough to finagle my picture with them. I am the googly looking fan on the left.
Also I wanted to say I am sorry I won't be able to make it to book club this month. Just so you know I am doing my best to get through "Pillars of the Earth" and my review (if I was present) would be on the book "The Chase" by Clive Cussler, since that is the only book I have finished recently not for our book club. It was a great summer read. I recommend it if you like adventure and a quick easy story line to follow. I have read quite a few of Mr. Cussler's books in the past and worried this new one wouldn't meet my expectations, but it was enjoyable. I am reading a few other books at the moment as well, "The Innocent Man" -John Grisham and "The Host" -Stephenie Meyer, both good so far. Hope you are all having a wonderful summer, see you in August.

3 comments:

Bec said...

It's about time someone else posted something! We were gonna change the blog title to "Lit Lovers Named Mindy and Becca." I guess we won't now. :)

I'm excited for August's book club meeting... I have a good deal to say regarding Pillars. I have a love/hate relationship with that book.

Anyway- horray for Shanna and her first post!

Mindy said...

Yay for someone else posting! Good job Shanna. I love the picture- I am going to put it in the newsletter. You are going to be famous!
I am also excited to August's book club. Pillars has been a really good book so far. Unlike Becca, who read it in 4 days, I'm still trucking along. I am still trying to decide who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in that book.

Missy W. said...

I also read The Chase, and I thought it was fun. Honestly, Mr. Cussler needed to try a (slightly) different plot, and this fit the bill perfectly.