Friday, September 19, 2008

Ideas for Book Exchange


OK, so there was some trepidation expressed about the book exchange at our retreat. What to pick? Here is what I suggest:

~ Pick a book that you LOVE that we haven't done for book club. Chances are if you love it, whoever gets it will like it too.
~ Think outside the box: Pick a children's book, a cookbook, or a book of fairy tales. There are also some very good books about books out there.
~ Choose a classic that you have seen the movie of- like "Peter Pan", "Little Women", "Swiss Family Robinson", or "The Wizard of Oz". If we have all seen the movie, I think it makes these sometimes hard-to-read books easier.
~ If you need more specifics, let me know and I can list some titles.

Good luck and have fun!

1 comment:

Bec said...

Cool image... book exchange, very applicable. And great ideas. I like doing the exchange but am baffled myself as to which book to choose. This gave me some ideas. Very cool... thanks.