Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Books We Have Read

As per requested here is a list of the books we have read in years past. It is fun to look back and see everything we have read. good job, ladies! Remember to add your book to the side bar when you have chosen what you want to do this year.


  •  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  •  Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  •  Chocolat by Joanne Harris
  •  A Year Down Yonder by Richard Peck
  •  A Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
  •  Night by Ellie Wiesel
  •  Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
  •  The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
  •  My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
  •  The Doll in McCallaway’s Window by Kevin Krogh
  •  The Shadow Spinner by Susan Fletcher
  •  East of Eden by John Steinbeck
  •  The Princess Bride by William Goldman
  •  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  • The Kite Runner  Khalid Hosseini
  •  The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
  •  The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
  •  The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
  •  The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  •  An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde
  •  Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  •  Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  •  The Pilot’s Wife by Anita Shreve
  •  Atonement by Ian McEwan
  •  The Book Thief by Markus Zasak
  •  The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  •  Holy Fools by Joanne Harris
  •  The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet
  •  The Bell Jar by Sylvia Platt
  •  Belong to Me by Marisa de los Dan Santos
  •  Moonraker’s Bride by Madeleine Brent
  •  Beneath My Mother's Feet  by Amjed Qamar
  •  Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  •  Zorro by Isabelle Allende
  •  Jayhawk by Dorothy Keddington
  •  Driving Sideways by Jess Riley
  •  These Is My Words by Nancy Turner
  •  The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman
  •  Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
  •  Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate
  •  Follow the River by James Alexander Thom
  •  The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  •  Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
  • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson 
  • The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
  • When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin
  • Tarzan of the Apes  by Edgar Rice Burroughs
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
  • Sarah's Key by Tatiana DeRosnay
  • My Cousin Rachel by Daphne DuMaurier
  • What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
  • Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • The Weight of Silence by Heather Gundenkauf
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
  • Still Alice by Lisa Genova


6 comments:

Ann said...

Impressive list! Thanks, it will help me know what to pick.

I have a copy of Still Alice if anyone needs one. It was really good, I'm excited to talk about it!

Bec said...

Dang, I still have 8 of those that I've never read! I guess I have a good reference list for books to put on my to-read list! :) So fun!

Caron Heaps said...

Did you forget Kite Runner? I didn't notice it on the list.

Mindy said...

Oh, Caron you are right! I'll stick it on. :)

BonnieKurt said...

Thanks for posting the list, Mindy! I will use it, too!

Johanna Markworth said...

Missy...any idea for feb book? Headed to the library early this week. Let me know!